Friday 26 November 2010

The Doune Garden.

Just at the turn off to Loch an Eilan there is a big stone wall. Over the wall is an old abandoned garden which dips down quite far. I know it as the Doune Garden. I spent an early morning in there one January a few years back when I was an art student. It was around 12 below and I swear when I got down into the lowest part of the garden that temperature plummeted even lower.
I had Tara the Mcooks lab with me but she got very fretful about the cold and lack of movement so I had to take her back to the car and put a rug over her until the cold beat me too and we went home for a fry up.
I got a fright when the young laird appeared with a gamie both with shotguns and got told off for not asking permission to enter the garden as I could have been shot by mistake. The young gamie made a dick of himself trying to impress the laird by agressively cross examining me about who I was etc. I gave him a wee look and he gave me a wee look back then he shut up, LOL!
The laird knew my dad so said I was OK to take pics any-time but to ask first in case I got shot.
There are a load more pics than this but I havn't come across them yet. Only a tenner for a lovely frameable print, roll up roll up!! Come on you know you want to.

More of the pictures can be seen here here


No comments:

Post a Comment